Job Title: Field Based Audit Supervisor (2 Job Placements)
Organization: National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit, NAADS
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is an organization established under the Act of Parliament of 2001. The Government of Uganda through NAADS is supporting sugarcane production using an out grower’s scheme arrangement in several districts in Northern Uganda in partnership with participating District Local Governments, Farmer Co-operatives and Horyal Investment Holding Company Ltd.
Job Summary: The Field Based Audit Supervisor will provide independent and objective assurance that field operations in the project area are carried out in an environment with sufficient internal controls and that the reported periodic project performance is accurate and reliable.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confirming all land bush cleared, ploughed, harrowed, ridged and weeded
- Witnessing the loading and offloading of cane seed ready for delivery to beneficiary farmer’s gardens
- Witnessing the delivery and application of fertilisers in gardens in the field
- Liaison with the contractor and ensure that activity schedules in the contract are started and completed on schedule
- Interface with beneficiary farmers and cooperatives and provide update on progress of the project
- Witnessing all post planting activities like weeding and spraying for purposes of ensuring that there is proper growth and care of planted cane seeds.
- Liaison and co-ordination with other representatives of NAADS based in the field for harmonised processes, task execution and reporting.
- Preparation of certificate of work completion that will inform the payment decision by NAADS Management
- Promptly advise the Supervisor on internal controls that may require instituting, upgrading or strengthening in the project operation area Preparation of reports on fortnight basis addressed to the Executive Director and routed through the contract manager and Manager Internal Audit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) Field Based Audit Supervisor job placement must hold an Honor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Investment, Accounting from a recognized University.
- Two years of professional working experience in auditing and accounting with at least 6 months of this duration spent handling field based assignments.
- Working experience in agricultural sector, relief services and community development initiatives will be an added advantage.
- Adult Ugandan
- Strong analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment
- Work as team player and team maker
- Demonstrated good IT skills including knowledge of power point, word and Excel.
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to work for more than 54 hours per week with minimal supervision
- Age: Below 45 years.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications accompanied by a typed resume, copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The applicant is expected to provide his/her telephone contact(s) as well as names of three (3) referees stating their respective physical addresses, telephone numbers and emails. Each applicant is required to specify on the address side of the envelope, the position being applied for and then submit to:
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) Secretariat,
P.O. Box 25235, Plot 5, Kyadondo Road, Block B, Legacy Towers Nakasero, Kampala.
Deadline: Tuesday 22nd October 2019 By 4:30 Pm