Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
Organisation: ZOA Uganda
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Salary: UGX 1,590,000/=
Reports to: Programme Manager, Acholi
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
Job Summary: ZOA is looking for an Finance & Administration Officer to support the Acholi program. The purpose of the position is to carry out finance and Admin related procedures and practices according to ZOA policies, facilitate the staffs of Acholi programme, monitoring store keeping and use of resources in the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate transaction bookings in both Excel & ZOA ERP;
- Maintaining Bank ledgers [Excel/ERP];
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation;
- Preparation of the Withholding Tax schedule;
- Managing and maintaining the Accruals ledger;
- Responsible for the end month finalizations – Bank reconciliation, Withholding Tax, Work Advance maintenance, Cash reconciliation;
- Ensures timely transactions for authorized payments;
- Ensures that all payments are properly supported and authorized; ensuring receipts/proof of payment are also retrieved and filed;
- Maintain a proper filing system (soft- and hard-copy) for all payment vouchers and finance related documents;
- Ensures the availability of cash and/or bank ledgers (ERP & Excel);
- Shall timely present reconciliations of respective ledgers upon request;
- Responsible to maintain the monthly finance control sheet; responsible for generation, checks and balances, and monthly finalization before 10th of every month;
- Any other duty as assigned by the Manager or other senior Management.
Responsible for the Cash held in the field
- Collect and examine supporting documents before a cash payment is made;
- Preparing Payment Vouchers;
- Preparing Receipts;
- Maintain Cash float vouchers;
- Request for petty cash replenishment to the finance’s office;
- Support staff in understanding finance procedures and documentation.
Transaction entries for both Cash and Bank [Excel & ERP]
- Maintaining both Cash and Bank ledgers;
- Following up on advances and ensuring proper accountabilities and correctly approved by right and valid signatures;
- Sharing the work advance ledgers with Administrator for scrutiny and follow up;
- Maintain Cash Control Forms;
- Finance (technical) advice to the colleagues;
- Support program team in bulky cash payments, like: accommodation, safari day allowances (SDA) and transport refunds.
Logistics & HR Support
- Responsible for the execution and coordination of procurement of goods and services ensuring an updated procurement tracker is shared, updated supplier databases, completeness of documentation and correct approvals obtained for acquisition, purchase, contract management and tender procedures in accordance with the ZOA Procurement Guidelines.
- Responsible for the safeguarding of all ZOA assets and maintaining and updating assets register and submit quarterly assets list to DoO, including asset owner, condition of assets, chargeable project and any repairs or maintenance needs ensuring all assets are tagged accordingly
- Ensure monthly reporting on mileage, fuel consumption as well as repair and maintenance costs. Coordinate field transport, servicing of vehicles & motorcycles and ensure that all that they are safe, road-worthy and have proper on-board documentation.
- Coordinate recruitment for support staff, orientation of new staff, Leave management, preparation of mutation lists for staff & volunteers and staff records keeping in line with the ZOA employee handbook.
- Responsible for performance monitoring and staff well-being of the guards, Drivers & office attendant.
- Ensuring gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management.
- Monitor the quality of financial and administrative operations of the field offices.
Also Read: Projects Manager Job – FINCA Uganda Limited
- Maintaining oversight of all ZOA Uganda Acholi internet subscriptions and ISPs, including tracking usage and setting limits as needed (in discussion with the DoO).
- Focal point for ZOA Uganda Acholi for IT support (in coordination with ZOA Kampala)
- Ensuring IT assets are maintained and kept in good working condition at all times
- Carrying out IT training (at least at introductory level) for ZOA Acholi staff, including set up on One Drive, use of ZOA Manager, access to ZOA Quality Library and use of Office 365.
- Other IT support activities as requested by the Programme Manager Acholi or Kampala team, and possibly in liaison with consultants and other external providers.
Office Health & Safety and Security
- Coordinate maintenance of Acholi offices and other assets, ensuring safety equipment is in place and well maintained
- Responsible that offices are according to health & safety and security standards, in coordination with the Programme Manager.
- Payments preparation for the cash Transactions;
- Statutory remittances for field staff, e.g. LST;
- Support the field offices with the day to day cash transactions and tasks;
- Ensure finance files (hard copies) are arranged and sent to Kampala office.
- Ensure all financial statements e.g. budget codes, payrolls, records /documents and cash should be under key and locks at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any related field;
- At least three years of INGO experience;
- Proven relevant work experience in finance and administration;
- Strong accounting skills including preparing Bank Reconciliation, Withholding Tax Schedules, Work Advance maintenance, Cash reconciliation; Good knowledge of financial practices;
- Fluent command of English; as well as excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Practical experience in any of the accounting packages, Unit4(ERP) would be an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of procurement best practices with ability to proactively manage risks associated with procurements.
- Know-how of vehicle and office maintenance.
- Familiarity with IT and communication equipment.
- Desirable experience in training and support to colleagues on logistics related functions.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Able to ride a motorbike in field conditions, holding a valid driving license is an added advantage.
- High level of personal integrity;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and innovative environment;
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates please apply online at the link below