Job Title: Projects Manager
Organisation: FINCA Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FINCA Uganda Limited was the first licensed micro-finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and part of a global network which serves over 1,000,000 clients in 22 countries. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Projects Manager is responsible for initiating and implementing projects for FINCA Uganda and He/She will plan and deliver every project on time within budget and scope in line with the organization’s strategic plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of planning and scheduling projects for implementation in line with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Initiating projects and securing approvals and supporting the Head of Innovations and Product Development in the Project Planning and implementation phases
- Liaising with core business functional areas providing support to the Head of Innovations and Product Development, Information Technology, Finance, Call Center, Reconciliations, Risk, Legal etc
- Working with project teams at FINCA Uganda and FINCA Regional Office to provide end to end project management.
- Developing specific operational processes, obtaining approval from Management team and Board and implementing them
- Secretary to the Projects Steering Committee
- Monitoring and reporting projects progress on smart sheets and analyzing the reports
- Planning and implementing projects User Acceptance Tests and Pilot Testing and coordinating results and lessons learned
- Highlighting potential risks and malfunctions on projects and seeking quick avenues to resolve them.
- Working with the shared services center project managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time scope and quality
- Preparing, reviewing and editing project information in Smartsheets
- Planning and running projects UATs and Pilot
- Designing and issuing process flows for new initiatives prior to rollout
- Implementing change management programs for new initiatives
Also Read: Credit Relationship Officer Job – Numida
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or any Business-related field. Post Graduate in Project Management required.
- Two years of experience in Micro Finance/Credit Risk /Banking/Mobile Networks and running projects in a FINTECH environment
- Excellent Leadership and people management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- High Integrity/Ethics
- Result oriented
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th December 2022