Job Title: Finance and Grants Officer
Organisation: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID/Uganda’s Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Team Lead – Acholi
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
About USAID ICAN Project:
Abt Associates is implementing the USAID/Uganda’s Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity, which will aim to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households by increasing economic opportunities for poor households, improving nutrition with a focus on women and children, and strengthening community and local governance.
Job Summary: The Finance and Grants Officer will support the Kampala-based Finance, Compliance and Administration Director in the management of finances, administration, and operations for the project within Acholi, and will support the Kampala-based Grants Manager to administer and manage grants within Acholi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Regional Team Lead in managing finances of and processing payments within the Kitgum office
- Advise, support and monitor financial management practices of ICAN subcontractors to ensure efficient use of ICAN resources
- Provide capacity building for grantees in financial and administrative management
- Maintain grants tracking tool to ensure payment requests for grant deliverables submitted are correctly paid. Work with Kampala-based Grants Manager and Accountant to ensure timely disbursement of funds to grantees to avoid disruption to activity implementation
- Conduct periodic checks of grantee activities as part of ongoing process to ensure that grants are utilized as per grant agreement
- Perform any other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance and Grants Officer USAID Project job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in management, finance, accounting, or a related field and at least four years of professional experience. (4+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with finance and/or grants
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and computer skills
- English language fluency
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th August 2018