Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organisation: Medequip (U) Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Medequip (U) Limited is one of the leading distributors of medical equipment, supplies and consumables in Uganda, especially imaging and radiology, critical care, surgical, and medical furniture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep proper records of books of accounts
- Responsible for Petty Cash including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of cash reconciliation at each month end.
- Regularly review debtor’s information and ensure collection of debts
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
- Assist the Chief Finance Officer in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company’s or organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties such as special assignments and annual major objectives as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a Degree in a related/relevant field.
- Female Candidate is Preferred.
- Additional Certifications and other professional development experience
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue with a positive attitude when reaching next potential customer
- Phone, email and chat communication skills
- Prospecting skills
- Territorial management aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and financial goal minimums
In addition, to the Core Competencies identified as being required by all Company staff, the following competencies are also integral to the position:
- Attention to Detail – Checking for accuracy in one’s work; controlling/eliminating errors; showing concern for all areas of a task, however small.
- Analytical Skills – Collecting, comparing and relating data from different sources; identifying issues; anticipating problems.
- Integrity – can be trusted to perform duties in a proper and honest manner.
- Computer Skills – using appropriate computer skills and knowledge, ranging from data entry to systems analysis, to achieve work goals.
- Consultative Skills – Giving effective professional advice to meet the identified needs of the client/customer.
- Team Skills – being able to work collaboratively with others in a participative management environment; working independently as well as working on a team.
- Written Skills – Conveying information accurately in an appropriate written format; expressing oneself effectively in writing.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to their Email applications with updated CVs to addressed to:
Medequip (U) Limited,
Block 29 – Plot 1521 Mawanda Rd
P.O Box 23350 Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
Deadline: 16th August 2018