Human Resource Officer
[ Type: FULL TIME, Industry: Electrical Engineering, Category: Human Resources ]
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
24th July 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UEDCL (Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited) is a limited liability company, 100% owned by the Government of Uganda, incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution networks and all the operational assets associated with the business. These Assets have been leased to private operators (Like UMEME, and WENRECO) for Purposes of attracting Private Capital in the Energy Sector.
Additionally, UEDCL directly Supplies power in areas where there are no Private Operators especially in rural and Border regions of Uganda, Covering Over 60 Districts across the country. Operates a modern pole plant at Lugogo, and executes key rural electrification schemes on behalf of Government of Uganda.
The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans
Purpose of the Position
To provide technical support in human resource management including recruitment, selection, performance management, training and development in line with the UEDCL Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Maintain and update the HRIS system and provide accurate Human Resource information to stakeholders in a timely manner
• Manager of the training and development function, coaching and mentoring for all UEDCL staff, in line with the Human Resource policies and guidelines.
• Review, monitor and implement staff performance management systems in accordance with the Human Resource policies and procedures (Especially in all the territories).
• Provide administrative support to the staff of UEDCL in accordance with UEDCL policies and procedures (NSSF, Medical Insurance)
• Ability to Deputize the Head of HR & Admin and ably work with all levels of the Organization.
• Manage Disciplinary processes in accordance with National Labour laws.
• Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
• Update and track staff performance agreements and appraisals as per the HR policies and procedures
• Review and implement staff welfare and benefits in line with industry standards.
• Have the ability to develop organizational chart, update Job descriptions, Make reports for regular to the Principal Human Resource and Admin Officer.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource, Psychology or an equivalent from a recognized university.
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
• Experience of not less than FOUR years in Human Resource and Administration in a recognized organization.
• Very knowledgeable on Ugandan Labour Laws. Excellent management and administrative skills and experience of not less than 4 years are essential.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment Membership to the Human Resource Management Association of Uganda (HRMAU) or any other Human Resource professional body is an added advantage.
• Proven High Level of Ethics and Integrity.
• Computer literacy with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint presentations, database management systems.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please Submit SEALED applications (letter, CV, copies of academic/professional certificates and at least three professional references) to: –
NB: ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OUT OF THIS ADVERT WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DELIVER/POST TO: Head of Human Resource and Administration, Uganda Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd, Plot 37, VEDCL TOWER, 6th floor, P. O. Box 7390, Kampala, Uganda.
For more details, you can visit our website:http://www.uedcl.co.ug .
Deadline: For receiving applications is Tuesday, 24th July 2019. at 5:00pm.
NB: Any form of Canvassing will lead to disqualification.