Organisation: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Financial Analyst
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999 (Chapter 145, Laws of Uganda). The Electricity Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import and Distribution of electrical energy in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Financial Analyst will keenly analyze the performance of the licensees against the assumptions embedded in the tariffs, analyze the financial feasibility of the licensees, and validate financial claims through effective reconciliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively monitor the financial performance of licensees vis-a- vis the assumptions embedded in the tariffs approved by the Authority.
- Monitor the financial transactions between the Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) and generation as well as distribution companies to ensure that these are in accordance with the tariff methodologies in the Power Sales Agreements (PSAs) and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
- Regularly evaluate the financial feasibility studies submitted by the intending developers as well as licensed companies and advice on the appropriate return on investment (ROI) and the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC).
- Work in liaison with the Economist in charge of Pricing and Tariffs to review the tariffs of the licensees as per the provisions of each license.
- Actively participate in the investment verification exercise for licencees in liaison with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Participate in budget reviews of licensees in liaison with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Carry out periodic reconciliations of licensees to establish the financial position of the licensees.
- Actively contribute to the production of the periodic sector performance reports.
- Develop and maintain financial models for various licensees and establish the necessary database to update these financial models.
- Regularly analyze and advise on the sector investmentrequirements and quantify the impact on the tariff path.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Financial Analyst should hold an Honours degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting), Business Administration (Finance or Accounting) or Financial Economics from a formally recognized institution.
- Full professional qualification such as ACCA, CFA or CPA.
- A minimum of three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages
- Excellent analytical skills
- Possess good leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The job requires dedication, ability to work long hours and under pressure.
- The applicant must be of high integrity and sensitive to meeting deadlines.
- He/she must have the ability to read and research widely.
Age: Between 25 -35 years old.
How to Apply for the jobs:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and enclose a detailed Curriculum Vitae and relevant certificates including daytime telephone number or e-mail address of the applicant and addresses (including daytime telephone or e-mail) of three Referees.
The complete applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
The Director Financial and Administrative Services, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Plot 15, Shimoni Road. P. O. Box 10332, Kampala – Uganda
NB: Candidates who earlier applied for this position need not re-apply.
Deadline: 17th July, 2015 by 5.00 pm.