Job Title:Logistics Intern
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-political and non-confessional international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for a better future. ACTED is active in over 36 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Central America.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Delivery Management:
- Assist in the oversight and management of an effective delivery system.
- Tender technical support in accounting for compliance with delivery management procedures.
2. Passenger (staff) Travel:
- Support in organizing ACTED staff travel arrangements (In and Out) in your area.
- Responsible for communicating and confirming travel arrangements between the ACTED staff and the carrier.
- Support in ensuring that safety and other related procedures are fully complied with in your area of operation.
3. Assets and Property Management (including premises):
- Support in ensuring the safety and effective use of all ACTED assets and property in the Area
- Support in the maintenance and repairs of these resources;
- Support in the overall compliance with assets, property and premises management Procedures.
4. Fleet and Fuel Management:
- Support in ensuring proper utilization, maintenance and follow up of the ACTED fleet in the Area
- Support in controlling and managing the cost of the fleet (fuel, maintenance and repairs) and rentals if any;
- Support in managing the accountability for the overall compliance with the fleet management procedures, such as proper log book usage for all motorized assets and transport report for his area of operation
5. Reporting: Support in sending timely monthly motorized asset running cost report of the Area to the Country Office.
6. Stores/Stock Records:
- Support in keeping accurate records of all goods receipt into stores and good issued out of store
- Support in ensuring the store is clean and well arranged and accessible at all times
- Render support in ensuring that office consumables and toiletries do not run below Area reorder levels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Logistics Intern should hold a Bachelors degree in Logistics, Procurement and supply chain management;
- At least a year’s experience in Procurement and logistics especially with an NGO is an added advantage;
- Highly motivated;
- Possess the ability to travel and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written) and ability to work closely with the community.
- Computer literacy skills – Word, Excel essential
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong team spirit
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
How to apply for the jobs:
All candidates who desire the above Internship Job should send their applications including a cover letter, detailed CVs enlisting three professional referees, copies of academic certificates and a day telephone contact. It is essential that you specifically address each of the Matching Indicators for this vacancy in your cover letter. The information you provide in your application must be clear and concise as it will be the basis for the selection of applicants for further assessment/interview. Please send your applications to: email@example.com or ACTED Uganda, Recruitment Section, P.O. Box 37665, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: July 30, 2014 – 5pm