Job Title: Financial Risk Manager
Organisation: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Risk
Finance Trust Bank (FTB) was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today, Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 500,000 depositors and over 37,000 borrowers, through a network of 34 branches countrywide. The bank oﬀers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Financial Risk Manager will support the Head of Risk in identifying, defining, managing and monitoring Market risk profiles of the Bank as presented in the various portfolio segments, in order to maximize profitability and or minimize potential losses and track risk trends, thus reducing the level of financial risk related losses to the institution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the bank’s Credit and Deposit portfolios to ensure that it has an appropriate level of concentration per sector, product, gender, geography, large exposures and insider lending to maximize value while minimizing exposure to risks.
- Develop monthly and Quarterly reports detailing the direction of credit, liquidity and market risks and key drivers.
- Conduct monthly and Quarterly stress tests for key risks as per the stress testing guidelines. Conduct Risk reviews for Credit, Treasury, Finance and Business Development departments.
- Annual review credit, liquidity and market risk tolerance limits.
- Quarterly review and update of the Bank’s Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Risk registers and Key Risk Indicators for Credit, Finance, Treasury and Business Development departments.
- Develop the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process reports and maintain the stress test model.
- Monthly validation of models developed for the management of credit, liquidity and market risks. Including but not limited to IFRS 9 model.
- Conduct Market intelligence to inform management of the changing market trends.
- Conduct risk awareness trainings to create a strong risk culture and accountability across the bank.
- Monitor and report on the utilization of the Credit Risk Mitigation measures including but not limited to Guarantees, Insurance and collateralization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Specialized training in Risk management
- Five years of experience working in a similar or assurance role at supervisory/managerial level in a financial institution
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyse financial statements
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- High level of integrity
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use risk assessment tools
Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it, as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note: As per Bank procedures, No job offers are made online.
Deadline: 10th October 2022