Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kamuli, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Unit Manager
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The IT Coordinator will take part in the development and implementation of the project IT strategic Plan
- Maintain the availability and reliability of the IT infrastructure, applications and connectivity
- Responsible for developing project IT budget in consultation with staff.
- Maintain agreed levels of service provision including services by external firms
- Control IT expenditure and management of approved IT budget
- Offer timely technical IT support in delivering program outputs
- Steer the provision of technical support for corporate applications, including installation and upgrades
- Manage IT risks associated with the IT infrastructure in areas of antivirus protection, backups, operating system patching etc.
- Actively participate in system/project testing, rollout and certification
- Lead the provision of technical solutions and systems to meet local requirements
- Provide content input to other IT staff recruitment, training and development where applicable.
- Provide training and support on technical aspects of corporate applications and information security responsibilities
- Provide Risk Management advice and support to Staff.
- Provide supplemental policies and guidelines for local security environment
- Represent the project internally and externally in the area of IT
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Plan International IT Coordinator should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics with computing option
- Possession of profession Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Good knowledge of computer software and hard ware support functions
- Working knowledge of server installations, maintenance and administration
- Knowledge of Internet router setup, maintenance and administration
- Detailed knowledge of design, installation and administration of relational database systems.
- Skills in ICT Project planning and management
- Working knowledge of local area network installations maintenance and administration
- Detailed knowledge of Wide Area network installations maintenance and administration
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies installations, maintenance and administration.
- Reasonable knowledge of development work of the NGO sector and current issues in the field of development in general.
- Possess the ability to coordinate within interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources
- Strong conceptual, analytical skills, Problem solving and decision making
- Possess strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of English
- Mission driven; promotes ICT that is appropriate and of value to Plan business.
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self management and personal accountability
- Willingness to spend extra time to achieve results.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Country Human Resources Manager, Plan Uganda
NB: As a child centered development organization, Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a Child Protection Policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes.
Deadline: 12th March, 2015
Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th May, 2015