Job Title: Front Desk/Social Media Officer
Organization: Exquisite Solution Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Exquisite Solution Limited is a leading Business Process Outsourcing Company offering a wide scope of professional services. Established in 2006 with offices in England and across the region, we offer Human Resources Consulting and Payroll Management Services, Admin Support Services, Executive Search, Corporate and Personal Development Training, HR Compliance Audits, among others. We place top notch candidates into permanent, contract, and interim positions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Complete procedures when guests arrive and leave.
- Deal with complaints or problems in a professional manner.
- Inform other employees of visitors’ arrivals or cancellations.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and maintain event calendars.
- Create and manage both digital and hardcopy filing systems at office
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms and brochures).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodations and prepare vouchers.
- Copy, file and maintain paper or electronic documents and records.
- Enter customer data and send correspondence.
- Deal with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face.
- Take and pass on messages to Guests.
- Deal with special requests from Guests.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Participate in Business Development i.e., bid management, sells and marketing.
- Offer administrative support to the Director.
- Ensuring that the office premises are clean and well maintained.
- Attending meetings and workshops for and on behalf of the organization.
- Taking minutes during meetings.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all information you receive in the course of your employment regarding the organization, its clients and its employees.
- Participate both in internal and external audits.
- Online Communication Platform (Including website and social media)
- Manage the day-to-day updating of the company website and social media platforms, working with the technical team to ensure accurate & timely information is uploaded and queries/comments are responded to, to enhance company’s digital and social media presence.
- Analyze feedback and other collected data from communication activities on website & social media platforms to facilitate decision making.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in; Office Management, Library and Information, Administrative and Secretarial Studies or any other relevant degree from a recognized University.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a Receptionist/ Administrator in a reputable development-oriented institution/organization.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office or a similar set of computer application packages will be required.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent recording keeping skills/knowledge of office management and basic book keeping.
- Applicant should be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- No criminal track record.
- He/she should be willing to travel and work in the project areas.
- In-depth understanding of communications strategies with a bias towards digital (website) and social media communication.
- High degree of integrity and responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource information.
- A self-starter who is able to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Strong computer skills.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Flexible in approach to tasks and working hours.
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Getting work done
- Fluent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job Title as the subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within two weeks after application deadline, then you may consider your application unsuccessful.