Job Title: Grants Assistant
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Deadline: 2nd August 2019 by 5:00pm
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, implements the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This five-year activity targets 12 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and child development services.
Job Summary: The Grants Assistant will work closely with the Grants team to manage grants provided to health units supported by the project. This includes the accurate maintenance of attacking record of grantee expenditures and advances, reviewing grantees’ financial reports, building financial management capacity among grantees, ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and orienting grantees on sub-grant requirements..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with other members of the grants management team to develop and implement grants management systems:
- Follow up on accountabilities from sub-grantees in a timely manner to necessitate processing of additional funding.
- Work closely with the Finance team in developing plans/budgets for the financial needs of sub grantees.
- Work collaboratively with the other grants management team members in overseeing sub-grant functions and coordinate preparation of grant agreements, monitoring of grant periods and close out of the sub-grant awards.;
- Review liquidation reports from sub-grantees
- Manage the hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related to sub-grants
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Administration, or other related field.
- Three years of relevant experience managing the financial and administrative components of grants, grants-under-contract, subcontract,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills with ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Human Resource Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division P.O. Box 5053, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com