Job Title: Head of Department/Administration
Organisation: The Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director/Finance & Administration
The Electoral Commission of Uganda, also Uganda Electoral Commission, is a constitutionally established organ of the Government of Uganda, whose mandate is to “organise and conduct regular, free and fair elections” in the country, in an efficient, professional and impartial manner. It was established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Head of Department/Administration will ensure that material resources and logistics are properly identified, distributed, efficiently and effectively utilized and accounted for.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and appraise departmental staff;
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline administrative processes;
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the procurement of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints;
- Oversee facilities servicing and maintenance schedules/ activities;
- Monitor the implementation of security arrangements at the Commission offices,
- Ensure timely and efficient provision and maintenance of transport facilities, fleet management and transport logistics;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of an up-to date inventory of Electoral Commission property;
- Monitor the implementation of communication services in the Commission;
- Oversee the implementation of maintenance plans for office buildings and space utilization.
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable administrative information to support management decision making processes;
- Perform any other duties as may be officially assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Social Sciences or Development Studies or Human Resource Management or Management or Commerce (Management Option) or Business Administration (Management Option) or a closely related field from a recognized University/ institution;
- A Masters Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration or Human Resource Management or Management or full qualification in ICSA.
- Possession of a Certificate in Administrative Law is a MUST.
- At least eight (8) years relevant working experience, at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Principal Officer performing duties related to administration or equivalent level of experience from a Government institution or a large, busy and reputable organization.
- In-depth understanding of office management and Government administrative procedures;
- Familiar with facilities management principles;
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- High moral character and proven integrity;
- Self-motivated and strategic thinker;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and capable of working as a member of the organization’s senior management team.
- Ability to lead, cultivate team spirit, motivate and inspire specialized staff.
- Age: Between thirty five (35) years and fifty six (56) years.
How to Apply:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry, or mailed to the address indicated below;
The Secretary, Electoral Commission, P. O. Box 22678, Kampala. Uganda
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Deadline: Friday 18th November, 2022.