Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: FIG Consult Limited (Pest Services Company)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Director/General Manager
FIG Consult Limited is a leading Human Resource Consultancy. They are recruiting on behalf of a valuable client, a pest services company.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer is responsible for overseeing the personnel and administration aspects of the organisation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all performance management activities including performance planning, monitoring, coaching and mentoring and performance appraisals.
- Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions such as merit increases and other salary adjustments, promotions, transfers, terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Prepare monthly payroll and file the related pension and tax returns
- Provides regular guidance and support to team members and develops their capacity to deliver to consistently high standards.
- Identifies appropriate training opportunities and document a training plan for staff to build their skills in identified areas for continued learning and growth.
- Initiates and participates in the recruitment of staff.
- Receive staff details for new staff and maintain and update staff files
- Coordinate and conduct orientation of new staff and training programs.
- Prepare, update and recommend human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain all human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Lead workplace conditions assessments and maintain a maximum score
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Handle any other responsibilities relating to staff matter as may be assigned by the MD and Finance Director.
- Understand and implement role as per quality, environment, health & safety management systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in any Finance, Admin or HR related field. Degree is an added advantage
- At least three years of experience in HR related work
- Applicants that have worked in a pest services company have an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook etc.
- Good attention to detail
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- A great team player
- Have Initiative and be innovative
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a cover letter that should clearly state your salary expectation and indicate the position title as subject of Email.
Deadline: 27th September 2019