Job Title: Human Resources Associate (Fresher UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Associate supports the UNHCR’s People Strategy and contributes to the implementation of the 2018 independent Human Resources review, which resulted in the establishment of HR strategic priorities and the reconfiguration and transformation of the Division of Human Resources (DHR) from a largely transactional model into a strategic business partner for field operations and senior management. Having the right people in the right place at the right time is at the core of enabling UNHCR to protect and respond to persons of concern. By attracting, retaining and developing a talented, diverse and agile workforce while nurturing a culture of excellence, respect and wellbeing for all, UNHCR¿s Human Resources acts as a strategic partner to the organization, enabling a people-centric culture. The Human Resources Associate provides support and assistance in the areas of operational support, workforce planning, assignments and talent acquisition, organizational cultural changes, HR policy implementation and duty of care in the area of responsibility (AOR). The incumbent maintains employee confidence and protects the organization and its workforce by keeping human resources information confidential.
The Human Resources Associate is usually supervised by the Associate HR Officer, HR Officer or another HR or admin staff. This position can be located in a Country Operation, Multi-Country Office, Regional Bureau or Headquarters. The Human Resources Associate may supervise General Service staff. The supervisor provides the incumbent with regular guidance. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters.
The incumbent may maintain a direct working relationship with a number of units within the Division of Human Resources (DHR).
Also Read : Field Researchers / Enumerators Job – Aries Consult
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Operational Support:
- Implement HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks. This may include.
- Administration of recruitment, assignment and separation of local staff in the AOR, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Update of personnel records in the Office, including MSRP entries into HR module where required.
- Assisting with recruitment and other procedures related to affiliate workforce, including MSRP entriesinto MSRP where required
- Contribution to workforce planning activities.
- Provision of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation and high performance.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s Human Resources policies and procedures and the UN staff rules, regulations and UNHCR administrative instructions.
Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
- Participate in the recruitment of local staff including the issuance of vacancy notices and arranging for required tests and interviews, and preparation of submissions for the review by the Assignments Committee (AC).
- Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants.
- Advice to staff and contribution to an inclusive work environment.
- Build dialog and outreach with the workforce; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
- Track and report on recruitment and assignments activities.
Advise staff members and affiliate workforce on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements.
- Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce¿s health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
- Assist in the provision of on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding to colleagues.
- Assistance in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
Duty of Care:
- Assist in the security and medical evacuations of UNHCR personnel. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must have three years of relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Business Administration, Office Management, Human Resources Management or related field.
- Experience working in Human Resources. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
- Previous experience in HR information technology systems and tools. Experience working with the United Nations is desirable
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting is desired
- Language Requirements: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- HR-Local mass recruitment
- HR-Talent Development and Nurturing
- HR-Employee Relationship Management
- SO-Learning Agility
NB: Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 10th March 2023