Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator – Talent Acquisition
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country HR&OD Manager
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator – Talent Acquisition will ensure getting the right talent onboard, putting in place long term staffing strategies and helping them grow to their optimal capabilities and retaining the best staff while keeping organizational objectives in mind.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and Selection 80%
- Actively contribute in the implementation and achieving of the goals set under the Country Strategy through workforce planning including upcoming positions, staff movement forecasts to establish appropriate and timely staffing schedules/plan and that also embed our gender transformative programming
- Responsible to lead all the steps of the recruitment cycle in line with PIU Recruitment Guidelines and HR best practices.
- Develop/update efficient recruitment system, guidelines, processes and templates that allows HR to provide timely recruitment that matches programme /project period.
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects relating to recruitment and selection and associated terms and conditions.
- Monitor the recruitment and selection process to get the best fit candidate who match with the organization purpose.
- Review of Job Descriptions and ensuring that all jobs are in line with Plan International standard.
- Evaluate all new roles and ensure all roles are evaluated and graded before job requisitions are made by hiring managers.
- Deliver recruitment and selection related training to managers across the Organisation.
- Ensuring Inductions/on boarding are given timely with all the major topics and that the inductions is as per the plan international, regional and country office standard.
- Ensuring in the recruitment process Plan Gender policy is adhered and that PIE meets it target in Gender balance.
- Explore market best practices in recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the organization
- Ensuring Plan Values and Behaviours as well as other polices are imbedded in recruitment and selection.
- Manage the recruitment of short term consultants and graduate interns in line with Plan Uganda Guidelines
Performance Management & Learning and Development Support 10%
- Guide managers and staff towards an accountability culture where outstanding performance is recognized, and poor performance is corrected.
- Contribute to the development of and implementation of a learning and development strategy that supports the delivery of the Country Strategy.
- Facilitate trainings on core Plan International training modules and effective performance management including alignment with the Country Strategy and annual plans, continuous feedback and coaching for performance
- Coordinate the implementation of graduate internship program when it is in place.
Planning & Budgeting Support 5%
- Assist the Head of HROD in the budgets and quarterly KPI reports, preparation, consolidation, analysis and timely submission.
- Engage in Proposal development to ensure workforce plans are prepared in advance
- Lead the discussion with the Hiring Manager on hiring cost.
- Monitor budget allocated for recruitment and L&D.
HR Business Partnering 5%
- Provide HR Business support to allocated field offices
- Day to day employee engagement with staff in allocated field offices
- Cascading results of the Plan Engagement Survey to allocated field offices as a business partner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related discipline.
- At least five years of experience working in a Human Resources Management position – recruitment/ talent acquisition, performance management & L&D.
- Experience in using a HR Information System and other candidates sourcing platforms
- Knowledge and experience in talent acquisition, HR business partnering, performance management and facilitating trainings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource Information
- A self -starter who is able to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Excellent attention to detail with well-developed administrative skills
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages (MS Office, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Fluent in English, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible in approach to tasks
- Mature and Professional demeanor
- A post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management
- NGO experience is an added advantage
- Experience working in networks and building strong working relationships
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants apply online at the link below