Job Title: Infrastructure Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 7,000,000/= – 8,000,000/=
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners, Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1,800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Job Summary: Enabel in Uganda is currently seeking to recruit one Infrastructure Officer to be based in Kampala.
The Infrastructure Officer is responsible for providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of infrastructure activities in order to ensure that the desired related results are achieved within the set execution deadline. He or She will report to the Intervention Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You contribute to the preparation of technical documents for the implementation of infrastructure activities.
- You support in introducing ‘State of the Art’ sustainable architecture and energy efficiency principles into in projects, guidelines and strategies.
- You provide structured and comprehensible technical feedback to all team members regarding infrastructure activities.
- You ensure quality assurance of services and contribute to organising knowledge building and knowledge management in infrastructure and maintenance
Full job description: http://gofile.me/6QZru/BthovbZGs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering.
- At least five years of proven experience in needs assessment, designs, construction management, facilities or building maintenance.
- At least three years of proven experience in project management of similar activities in the sectors of health and education (preparation, implementation and follow-up of project activities).
- Excellent knowledge of design software and MS Office (excel, outlook, word, PowerPoint, Publisher) and the internet.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience in capacity development and knowledgeable about change management
- Experience in working with officials of government ministries, private sector, civil society as well as employers’ and workers’ organisations is an advantage.
- You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Knowledgeable about change theories.
- Knowledgeable about knowledge management and knowledge building
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Good written and spoken English.
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel: https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
We offer you
- An exciting and varied learning experience in an international environment and warm team.
- A 9-month contract or you are included in the recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years.
- Salary package that comprises a monthly gross salary between UGX, 7,000,000 and UGX 8,000,000, which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th-month package paid in December.
- Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely based on competence.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages maximum using the online application link below:
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11th November 2022