Job Title: ICT Specialist
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of rural electrification projects under several sources of funding (i.e. Government of Uganda, World Bank under Energy for Rural Transformation, (ERT) project, SIDA, JICA. NORAD. BADEA, SFD, etc.)
Job Summary: The ICT Specialist will oversee and provide Hardware & Software maintenance, technical support and recommend future needs in the development of the Agency’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day ICT support & maintenance of REA’s key ICT infrastructure
- Oversee the ICT and computer systems, including budgets and expenditure
- Support the maintenance of the REA website
- Technically support REA’s Email and Internet connectivity
- Update and maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Maintain a log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for computer systems operations
- Develop standards, guidelines, and procedures for system development, implementation and management
- Carry out regular backups of REA’s databases and information, ensuring that backup and recovery procedures & plan are in place and periodically updated
- Provide basic staff training when needed
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in the area of Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- Postgraduate Degree in Information Technology or Data Communications is a requirement
- Additional professional certification like CCNA, MCP or MCSE are a requirement
- A minimum of five or more years hands on experience in maintenance & management of ICT operations in a reputable organization and should possess the following:
- Proficient knowledgeof Windows Server 2008, Database Design & Administration
- Proficient knowledgein SQL
- Knowledge of programming or Scripting languages like XML, HTML, PHP or Java and VB
- Thorough hands-on experience with Networking (LAN, WAN)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Information Security is a MUST
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their hand written applications together with updated CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates plus names and addresses of three reputable referees should be submitted to: Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop Kololo 2nd Floor, House Of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only short listed applicants shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 5th, September 2014 by 5PM