Job Title: Software Developer
Organisation: MWH Foundation
Reports to: Software Development Team Lead
MWH is an impact investor that uses its means and talents to improve liveability in the world. Among other activities, MWH runs a social enterprise (The HUB Pajule) in Northern Uganda. We aim at agricultural and economic development of the region. Commercial farmers and smallholders are provided with opportunities that enable them to improve their farm business and livelihood respectively. We run our activities in a business manner and support them with modern business support tools. For our activities, we needed a farmer-oriented farm management system. It is being designed, developed and piloted in-house by MWH. We now turn this system into an online service for farmer-supporting organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Software Developer will:
· Participate in the full software development life cycle: analyse, design, code, test, deploy, maintain, support;
· In charge of the peer-review the work of your colleagues, give constructive feedback, ensuring quality results;
· Get eager by short development sprints, deliver new system functionality frequently to end-users;
· The incumbent will work collaboratively with a team that builds quality software and be part of its long-term success.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology;
· A minimum of three years of proven experience in software development, programming and web technologies;
· The applicant must have proficiency in the relevant programming frameworks and libraries (OOP, PHP, CakePHP, JS, jQuery, Bootstrap);
· Familiarity with modern web development tooling and automation (Git, Vagrant, Grunt, Puppet, AWS);
· The applicant will have an opportunity to gain field experience and on-site end-user testing and support;
· Excellent analytical skills
· Keen eye for details and do not accept mediocre solutions;
· Good team player and result-driven;
· Desire to make a difference by using new IT solutions into the East-African agricultural sector
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their motivation letters and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 13th September, 2015