Job Title: IT Support Officer
Organization: Amazima Ministries International
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Amazima Ministries International is a Christian NGO incorporated in the USA and they support over 600 600 students to go to school. We assign each child a mentor where Christ centered relationships are formed and the Gospel is shared.
Job Summary: We have an immediate need for an IT Support Officer for The Amazima School.
The IT Support Officer is supervised by IT Manager and he/she will work with other members of the IT Team to manage the IT infrastructure (servers, storage and network support), client systems (desktops, printers, laptops and pad devices), and end-user support across our two campuses of Njeru and Buziika. The nature of the work requires an individual who is service-oriented, organized and prioritize tasks well. This position will require the ability to interact with diverse end-users and technical staff as well as being able to resolve technical issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help maintain the School’s IT system and infrastructure including Networks, Servers, File servers, and Internet.
- Install new software, updates, and anti-viruses on all computers and awareness of all dates for Installations
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues for both students and staff.
- Provide technical IT support to the teaching and research functions of the School
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving faults, and sort out ICT related problems/ or where necessary escalate to IT Supervisor.
- Identify, manage and supervise external vendors in the delivery of contracted work.
- Ensure regular servicing and maintenance of all Amazima’s Back-ups, Printers, Laptops, UPSs as per an ICT asset count
- Maintain an Inventory of all ICT equipment for offices handled and keeping an updated register
- Support the procurement of IT equipment; providing specifications upon request (assessment of needs, drafting technical specifications, and advice during the evaluation of quotations)
- Test and evaluate the new technology, and support the roll-out of new applications
- Manage the CCTV systems to ensure high availability of atleast 95% uptime and operation and provide support to recover footage if needed.
- Perform any other ICT related duties that may be assigned by the IT Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Amazima School.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Any IT certifications such as CCNA, MCTS, ITIL is a plus.
- At least two years of experience in a busy IT environment managing hybrid systems (Windows, Mac OSx and Linux)
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows server and Active directory a plus.
- Experience designing and maintaining networks and working knowledge of firewalls (sophos), Mikrotik routers, Ubiquity gears/Switches, WLAN etc.
- Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi or Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of the workings of CCTV Surveillance equipment
- Experience repairing IT equipment (desktops, laptops, printers, projectors)
- Good knowledge of software and database applications and ability to work with new innovative tools
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.