Job Title: IT support Specialist (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we’ve impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
Job Summary: The incumbent will ensure that the system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values and enable staff to effectively perform their duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all PCs and is updated regularly.
- Manage all communications and connection solutions including workstation connectivity, LANs & WAN to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications.
- Participate in planning and implementation of IT policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with organization goals, industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with business application functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploying workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems and all host security systems.
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Ensure integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, servers and databases in accordance with business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations
- Perform regular network and security audits and document the same.
- Perform and test routine system back-ups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice network asset management including maintenance of network components inventory and related documentation and technical specification information.
- Create required reports in response to business user needs.
- Participate in negotiation with vendors to secure hardware products and services.
- Any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a recognized University
- Professional qualifications: Systems administration/System Engineering, Certification in Microsoft MCSE/MCTIP, CCNA
- At least three years practical experience in a reputable organization.
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC and platform operating systems.
- Extensive application, support experience and working technical knowledge of current system software, protocols and standards including firewalls and active directory.
- Experience in LAN administration, software and hardware troubleshooting and data maintenance
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.