Job Title: Recruiting and Training Associate (8 Job Opportunities)
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Bridge International Academies, the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools bringing world-class education to the poorest of the poor, democratizing the right to succeed. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training Facilitator:
- Marketer and Recruiter:
- Ongoing Training and Leadership:
- Offer daily training and facilitation, following highly detailed guidelines and word for word scripts to train a large group of new teachers.
- Meet with Recruiting and Training Officers and supervisors to discuss results and feedback from daily presentations.
- Create daily and weekly reports for supervisors on training challenges and successes.
- Record detailed scores for trainees as they teach sample scripted lessons.
- Evaluate trainees’ performance using their scores on tests and activities.
- Offer weekly feedback on Content, actively tracking specific needs for improvement in video, handouts, and PPT sessions. Any urgent errors or confusion should be brought to the attention of the Recruiting and Training Officers, so immediate clarification can be issued to all sites in a consistent way.
- Actively support Facilitators in Training by providing ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Oversee the recruiting team (Team Leader).
- Contact local administration-chief when team arrives in community (Team Leader).
- Manage and assist with setting up the recruitment sites (Team Leader).
- Enter data for all generated leads (Team Leader).
- Actively market in the community for several days using provided materials, before recruitment begins. Paste posters, distribute flyers and pitch to community members.
- Recruit leads to participate in a multi-week training program aimed at hiring and training successful teachers and Academy Managers.
- Vet candidates for the training by administering tests.
- Mark and record candidate test scores.
- Work closely with Data Entry and Call Centre staff to inform all passed trainees of their invitation to training and make sure their relevant information is input in to database. Communicate location of training and relevant information to them.
- Ensure safe return of supplies to HQ warehouse after recruitment fair is over.
- Support the Grand Opening Celebration to provide before and after support and observations at new academies.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of teachers and AMs through academy visits and detailed observations and audits; provide feedback on any training content that should be adjusted to be more effective for our academies.
- Offer ongoing feedback to the Content Team to improve session content and materials for the upcoming training.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience, preferably in education or training
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and engaging personality; high energy and enthusiasm level
- Results-oriented with a “can do” attitude; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Excellent communicator and team player; can strike an instant rapport with people from all different walks of life and background
- Excellent time management and organization, very detail oriented
- Past exposure and experience working in rapidly changing and demanding work environments
- Past experience working within low income communities or slums
- Experience managing large groups of adults or work with large church groups, etc.
- Experience delivering complex trainings to individuals with less formal education and work history, different educational backgrounds, skills levels and economic status
- Significant experience within the field of education preferred
- While your presence may be required at headquarters for a few days, your job generally requires you to either be residential on the training campus or travelling to academy locations around Kenya or East Africa 100% of the time.
- Ability to work every Saturday and/or Sunday during the recruiting and training cycles.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.