Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) is an Automotive Manufacturing Company incorporated by Government of Uganda and Makerere University to champion value addition in the Domestic Automotive Industry for job creation and diversification of the economy.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer is the Head of the Procurement and Disposal Unit responsible for managing and coordinating all procurement and disposal activities of Kiira Motors Corporation as well as provide the secretariat and support the functionality of the Contracts Committee.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, budgeting and controlling of the resources of the Procurement Secretariat;
- Providing timely advice to Accounting Officer, Contracts Committee and the Executive Management on matters pertaining to procurement;
- Preparing periodical reports for the Contracts Committee and submitting them to relevant authorities;
- Evaluating procurement requirements and recommending the most appropriate procurement procedure;
- Providing timely and accurate secretarial services to the Procurement and Contracts committee;
- Training and developing members of the Contracts Committee and staff of procurement secretariat;
- Invite, assess, and recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals;
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority;
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships;
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements;
- Work with User departments to ensure the quality of supplies and services;
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased;
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance;
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices;
- Work with auditors to ensure compliance of procurement procedures with government guidelines; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director Operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Kiira Motors Senior Procurement Officer job should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or in a Related Field from a Recognized Institution;
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or Equivalent; and
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or in a Related Field is an Added Advantage.
- A minimum of four years of general working experience; Two (2) of which should have been Served as a Procurement Officer in a Reputable Organization with Knowledge of the PPDA Act (as Amended) 2003. Experience and Knowledge of APQP and PPAP is an Added Advantage.
- Procurement, Disposal and Contracts Management;
- Planning, Organizing and Coordination;
- Information and Communications Technology
- Concern for Quality and Standards;
- Ethics and Integrity;
- Time management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Kiira Motors must deliver your application documents to the Kiira Motors Corporation’s Office at Plot 13 Kimera Road, Ntinda. Kampala. Uganda. Your application documents should include the following:
- An application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A CV (Please use this CV template), Download Here
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted.
Deadline: 31st August 2018 by 5:00pm