Job Title: Procurement Officer: Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will provide timely, high quality and cost effective support in the procurement of all goods and services across all channels in full compliance with all donor regulations, legal and policy requirements. In addition, the incumbent will collate and follow up all procurement plans from delivery teams
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning for procurement in line with budgets and plans:
- Actively support the collection and collation of all annual procurement plans of good and services
- Draw procurement plans from approved budgets
- Propose timetable for procurement to be approved
- Set up timetable and agree with finance, programme, sales and centres teams on times, volumes and processes to use
- Ensure that all the necessary paperwork is forwarded to users on time
- Guide staff and all user departments on issues to do with procurement and logistics
- Ensuring cost effective end to end procurement
- Set Up:
- Under instruction and in liaison with users, set up and manage procurement of goods and services closely following policy to ensure timeliness, quality and cost efficiency
- Present procurement documentation to procurement committee on time and accurately
- Prepare adverts, agenda and notices and publish.
- Ensure all the necessary documentation is filled by them before a procurement activity commences
- Proposals, award letters, contracts completed
- Actively participates in pre-bid meetings,
- Supports in Publicizing Procurement notices including liaising with newspapers printing companies about advertisements, and addenda.
- Send invoices to Finance for payment
- Expeditiously follow up on the suppliers and service providers invoices, and ensure that they are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure receipt is for the right goods (batch numbers, expiry dates etc)
- Ensure proper storage. Raising immediately any concerns
- Actively coordinate with the Warehouse supervisor to ensure that all equipment and pharmaceutical products required by the different field teams are released in a timely manner
- Consignments sent with teams going to field and through courier in a timely manner..
- Carries out supplier appraisals, with consultation with Procurement and Logistics Manager, and other managers and Directors.
- Record Keeping: Properly files documents including bid documents, proposals, award letters, contracts
- Review and learning from customers:
- Supplier appraisals carried out and reports made every year
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports about the status of the procurement and logistics.
- Survey staff clients and get feedback on levels of satisfaction
- Actively participates in bid evaluation meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree or Diploma in the following areas; Business management, Commerce, General Management, Procurement& Logistics Management, Accounting, Pharmacy
- Past experience in procurement &Logistics management related activities in NGO /or commercial setting
- Proven experience of a range of procurement activities, including but not limited to: national and international procurement; warehouse management; pharmacy management.
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office computer programmes, particularly Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of institutional donors in the sector and related compliance regulations (e.g., DFID, EC, USAID, UNFPA) regarding warehousing.
- Pharmacological experience: knowledge of drugs and pharmacy stores management
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of accounting, financial records and transactions
- Deep understanding of current internal audit legislation with the ability to maintain up to date knowledge and sharing developments with colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously and to plan and prioritise own workload
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who wish to join Marie Stopes are strongly encouraged to send an updated CV and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please do not attach transcripts
Deadline: Friday 12th June, 2015 by 5pm