Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services.
Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Africa, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s.
In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
- Create new and manage existing relationships effectively in order to facilitate the growth of the Employee Banking Liability and Asset portfolio within consumer bank. Sales should focus on the core products ie SmartBanking and PIL. Create opportunities for the various sales channels within approved Corporates through organising activations and other initiatives within the company.
- Assess the risk profiles of customer segments and contribute to the Development of effective control measures within the PDD.
- Ensure maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict compliance with AML and CRM standards as defined by the Group and Local Regulatory Authorities
- Ensure adherence and compliance to the local and group standards on Money laundering Prevention (CDD) and service standards
- Build the Employee Banking Customer Segment through a focused market segment approach by creating effective relationships that maximise revenues and Asset growth
- Establish relationships with key Corporations to offer them Employee Banking solutions including PIL solutions.
- Render technical support in the launch of products, sales strategy, and campaigns to key segments for profitable and quality business
- Build and grow Employee Banking through Scheme & None Scheme Lending
- Fully exploit the existing customer relationships to create new profitable business opportunities.
- Develop and manage strategic alliances and other third party introductory new business services.
- Support Branch sales, telesales and Direct sales to achieve Balance Transfer objectives for Retail Products (Liability & Asset sales)
- To support the campaign concept and analyse campaign findings against proposals.
- Work in consultation with Product Heads in the development and execution of initiatives for the acquisition, retention and growth of target customer base for liabilities & Assets.
- Generate referrals from HR, Finance and Senior Executives to acquire, expand and retain profitable relationships and grow market share.
- Work closely with other Value Centres to generate sales leads
- Work closely with the Corporate & SME Relationship Managers in building relationships with companies on the approved list
- Generate referrals and Market Intelligence from the Corporate Relationships Managers
- Source for potential organisations and recommend their inclusion in the approved company list
- Advise the Business on companies which exhibit high risk policies and practices hence control and manage risk
- The prospective Standard Chartered Bank Candidate must be a graduate with a minimum of three years’ experience in a sales related role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales, products, services and delivery channels
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and financial management skills.
- Possess the ability to identify need for change and to drive the desired changes, adaptable and flexible in anticipating and realising market opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of the market and its dynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in business credit and trade services is essential.
- Past exposure and experience in Sales or relationship management.
- Significant experience in project management is desirable
- Able to develop and implement MIS is an added advantage
For more details about the job Click Here