Job Title: Finance and Operations Coordinator
Organisation: Raising Voices
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director
Raising Voices is a non-profit organization which works to prevent interpersonal violence that happens in the home, in the communities and within institutions that community members use on a regular basis.
Job Summary: The Finance and Operations Coordinator will coordinate, supervise and support all the finance and operations management functions of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising Finance and Admin Team to ensure efficient operations.
- Overseeing HR management and procurement.
- Oversee overall administration of all organizational activities.
- Formulation, review and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to enhance and ensure efficient management of operations.
- Managing individual grant expenditure with respect to contractual grant conditionality.
- Managing sub-granting process including due pre-award assessments, capacity building and review of accountabilities submitted and exercise of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Reviewing requisitions and payments before approval by the Director.
- Reviewing data captured in Navision before YTD Preparation. This will involve checking accuracy of Trial Balance, statement of Financial position, and statement of income.
- Ensuring implementation of sound accounting practice and resource management.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that audits are conducted in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that recommendations made by the auditors are implemented.
- Managing communication with external agencies and partners regarding finance management.
- Positively contribute to organizational culture and participate fully in staff processes.
Oversee and supervise:
- Preparation of staff Payroll and remittance of statutory returns (PAYE, NSSF, Withholding Tax and Local Service Tax) and ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Production of all financial reports based on existing finance management system.
- Planning, implementation and control of operational and supplementary budgets.
- Supporting Finance and Admin team in proper asset management.
- Proper execution of requisitions, expenditure and accountability of organizational resources.
- Preparations of timely and accurate donor and management reports, and budget proposals that includes being responsive to donor conditions.
- Reconciliation and filing of bank statements on a monthly basis with appropriate approval.
- The procurement process and ensure compliance to prudent financial principles and value for money.
- Supervise human resource functions.
- Any other responsibilities which may be related to prudent resource management, statutory compliance or assigned by the Director commensurate with the role of a senior staff at Raising Voices.
- The Finance team reports to the Finance and Operations Coordinator
- The Finance and Operations Coordinator will report to the Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Raising Voices Finance and Operations Coordinator job placement hold an Honors degree in accounting or commerce with professional qualification in CPA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Eight years of experience
- Proven skills in senior finance and operations management in reputable and comparable organizations.
- Expertise in accounting software preferably Navision or similar software.
- Experience of no profit sector including management of grants.
- Experience of managing grants within contractual conditionalities.
- Personal integrity and transparency, serving as a role model for others.
- Effective communicator and willingness to champion Raising Voices’ values.
- Strong analytical and management skills.
- Excellent ability to synthesize, understand and communicate complex issues effectively to non-finance staff.
- Keen appreciation of quality and standards, displaying mature demeanor and with ability to take responsibility for delivering results.
- Experience and knowledge of statutory requirements and tax law in Uganda.
- Experience of NGO sector, grant managements and audits.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Accounting software (NAVISION)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should prepare:
- A thoughtful cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position at this point in your career, and why you feel you are a good match for Raising Voices
- A CV only; please do not attach copies of certificates at this stage.
- A one page statement on how you would assess and enhance finance management procedures and systems at Raising Voices including the attitude, values, skill and experience you would bring to this task.
Submissions should be delivered in hard copy to Plot 16 Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, or by email to: email@example.com with subject line Finance and Ops Coordinator
Deadline: Wednesday, 8th August 2018 by 5:00 pm