Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Manager
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population- based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally- driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer will be responsible for the Front Desk/Reception Area, receive and direct visitors around the office, and providing administrative support for the RHITES-N, Lango project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for receiving, recording and distributing all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Receive and direct visitors in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and tidy.
- Prepare and distribute regular updates of staff contact information (address, phone number, email address, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID RHITES-N Project Front Desk Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree or diploma from a recognized institution or equivalent
- Five years’ experience in a Front Desk/Receptionist or similar position.
- Ability to manage office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, projectors and printers.
- Strong filing and secretarial skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint:
- Previous experience working with an international NGO is strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated cover letters and updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th April 2018