Job Title: Senior Community Services Officer
Organization: InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Community Services Manager
InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) is a non-governmental humanitarian national organization established in 1988, and duly registered with the NGO Board and NGO Forum. IAU is actively involved in programs geared towards the protection and improvement of lives of disadvantaged people living in urban and rural areas in Uganda and in the Great Lakes Region. InterAid Uganda is focused on its thematic areas of Rights Protection, Education, Livelihood & Food Security, Health (HIV&AIDS; Malaria; Maternal and Reproductive Health), Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Environment and Disaster Management and good Management and Governance systems.
Job Summary: The Senior Community Services Officer will steer the planning, coordination and implementation of all project activities in the community services sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the programing section to coordinate, guide and facilitate operational planning and implementation of integrated development programs and projects in community section.
- Provide strategic leadership in all community related activities.
- Responsible for project reports for all sectors under direct supervision on weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annually.
- Document the best practices implemented, success stories and case studies of the community level changes for dissemination and learning at the strategic level
- Ensure appropriate filing and availability of documentation required for internal and external communication.
- Effectively manage the relationship between IAU and the community structures and other stakeholder in line with community services.
- Work with the programs team to translate work plans into operations and monitor their implementation across all desks
- Provide day to day administration, coordination, supervision and guidance for project implementation, ensuring that it is executed according to the approved work plans to the teams under supervision.
- Support the programs team to work with respective teams to ensure that activities are curried out as planned.
- Support and guide staff under supervision in development of work plans in line with planned activities.
- Conduct frequent field visits and monitoring of the program implementation and provide timely feedback and support to project teams to ensure successful delivery of the project targets and results.
- Responsible for coordinating all community visits.
- Responsible for community engagement and participation in all program activities implemented.
- Works hand in hand with community structures in order to ensure that all targeted beneficiaries and stakeholders are on board.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the desk heads on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards and funder requirements and report to the programs team.
- Lead in identification and documenting of community needs and fundable ideas.
- Provide support in development of proposals for resource mobilization as and when required.
- Responsible for managing all distributions to PoC as and when they occur.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the teams under direct supervision.
- Ensures that all program data and information is kept including statistics from all sectors for purposes of reporting and reference.
Program Administration: Participates in annual planning and budgeting for all programme activities in line with planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines
- Ensure effective leadership and supervision of teams and individual staff under supervision
- Manage, supervise and build the capacity of programme staff in quality programme development, management and implementation
- Conduct training needs analysis for individuals and teams for capacity development and performance
- Capacity building of staff (trainings and coaching sessions of teams and individual staff in organization programming, performance management and implementation.
- Provide support to team and individual staff performance management.
- Provide guidance to program staff in planning and monitoring detailed implementation plans.
Risk Management: Monitor and address or report any risks to management
Compliance: Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures in all transactions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) Senior Community Services Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Psychology, Community Psychology, Counselling & Guidance, Development Studies or any equivalent.
- Possession of post graduate qualifications in project planning and management is required
- At least five years of relevant work experience in humanitarian work
- Good interviewing skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Good communication skills, oral written and presentation.
- Excellent computer skills e.g. in Ms Word, excel and power point
- Experience with managing teams
- People centred.
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work under a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs and photo copies of their professional qualifications including three referees via E-mail to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 1102 Block 8, Kabala Anjagala Road,
P.O. Box 737 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th June 2018 by 5:00 PM