Job Title: Several Credit Officers – Group Lending (Fresh Graduate Job Opportunities)
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 31 networked branches and four contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Credit Officers Group Lending will be responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients’ homes and business to assess credit worthiness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for marketing the group lending product.
· In charge of client mobilization, sensitization and training.
· Responsible for loan disbursement.
· Follow- up and recovery of loans.
· Promptly post all transactions made in a day.
· Ensuring proper filing of all Group Lending documentation.
· Actively contribute positive to branch performance by continuously achieving all set targets.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Pride Credit Officers Group Lending vacancies should hold Diplomas in Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, and Development studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, International Business, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management Social Sciences, SWASA or Education or in any other relevant or related field from a recognized Institution.
· All candidates should possess 2 principle passes at A’ Level
· Credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level
· Candidates with teaching profession are encouraged to Apply.
· Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle, should possess a riding permit and / or process one within a period not exceeding three months of probation.
· The applicants should be willing to work in any part of the country.
· All candidates should be ready to challenge themselves to continuously deliver exceptional performance.
· Highly computer literate, highly motivated, innovative and a self-starter.
· Possess excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess leadership skills.
· The applicants must also be honest, trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
· The candidates should be fluent in commonly used local languages.
· Age: Less than 30 years of age.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal addressand a daytime telephone contact.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2015