Job Title: Collections Officer (BA1) – 00174442 (Several vacancies)
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Collections Officers will be responsible for the management of all out of order accounts within the Retail portfolio, with the objective of putting in place strategies with the customer to bring their indebtedness back to order or recovering from defaulting debtors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Risk Management and Control – 40%
- Business Management – 30%
- Monitor and control the out of order retail accounts and take appropriate action to normalise the position, within pre-determined policy rules and laid down strategies. The overall objective of the role is to ensure recovery action is taken at the earliest opportunity to avert loss through default
- Conduct the review of all monthly advances control reports, assessing the information therein and making recommendations regarding the strategy to be employed in ensuring that such out of order accounts are returned to order within the shortest possible time. This is likely to involve agreeing short term lending agreements.
- Contact customers whose accounts are out of order. This may take the form of written correspondence or normally this would be by direct telephone contact.
- Receive and authorize FOS authorization requests (agree short term borrowing requests)
- Own & Maintain a diary system for quarterly account reviews, provision of financial information, perfection of security, fulfillment of conditions of offer, EWL reviews
- Review and recommend classification , writing off , or outsourcing of a debt
- Send out notices and demand letters
- Adhere to service level agreements
- Responsible for General filing
- Monitor and manage workflow within the Retail Credit Collections, Monitoring & Control and Recoveries Team.
- Compilation of various returns, as required, through the assimilation of information available within the Retail Credit team
- Responsible for devising collections and recoveries strategies for implementation within the Collections, Monitoring & Control and Recoveries team
- Work in liaison with 3rd parties (i.e. debt collection agencies) regarding policies and strategies for the recovery of out of order accounts.
- Input into new/amended lending policies or products within the business
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customer complaints.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The ideal applicants should be Graduates in relevant disciplines
- At least two years’ experience as Cashier
- Detailed knowledge of the banks processes and rigour requirements related to cash
- Cash handling knowledge
- Extensive systems knowledge
- Skills in cash management and Banking knowledge
- Excellent track record in dealing with physical cash
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good leadership skills
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 26th September, 2014