Job Title: Health Tutors (10 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Education Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 VOL 27 (8)
Reports to: Senior Tutor
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares lecture/ lesson plans on a termly and weekly basis
- Conducts lessons and clinical sessions according to the set timetable
- Actively participates in the setting, administering and marking internal and external clinical and classroom examinations
- Performs continuous assessment and evaluation of trainees’ performance during the classroom and clinical training
- Attends general staff meetings, panel, departmental and committee meetings.
- Guides and counsels students/ trainees.
- Participates in co -curricular activities and community activities
- Ensures institute discipline.
- Participates in the self-assessment and appraisal of the Assistant Health Tutors.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant health field.
- Possession of a Diploma in Health Tutorship / Education from recognized Institutions.
- The candidate must have at least one teaching speciality.
- Be registered with the relevant health professional body.
Age Limit: Below 50 years.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach photocopies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 2nd February, 2015