Job Title: Graduate Internship Programme – Finance and Administration Intern
Organization: Restless Development
Project Name: Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity (UYLA)
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
About Feed the Future Program:
Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative, is establishing a foundation for lasting progress against global hunger. The Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture is a 5 year Activity which will support Ugandan partners, with youth in the lead, to identify and drive forward sustainable, inclusive, and cost-effective approaches that put youth, especially female youth, squarely in the agriculture sector as leaders, farmers, entrepreneurs, and employees. The purpose of this flagship activity is to increase economic opportunities for approximately 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 in agriculture-related fields, in order to increase their incomes and build their entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce readiness skills.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Intern will support the department in all matters related to finance for YLA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with filing and monthly scanning of financial vouchers ensuring that the appropriate backup documentation is attached to each voucher.
- Review completed payments, follow up with respective vendors with proofs of payment and request for receipts after verifying funds.
- Assist with the review and compilation of quarterly VAT reports prior to submission to USAID.
- Assist with collection and verification of staff timesheets.
- Assist with monthly bank account reconciliations to verify the accuracy of transactions posted in internal accounting software.
- Updating the shared drive with incoming documents as required.
- Supporting the wider operations team with ad-hoc tasks as they arise
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Finance and Administration Intern job placement should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or any related field.
- Ready to work and learn,
- Highly passionate about finance and accounting.
- Additional training in accounting/finance passed with high grades will be beneficial.
- Age: Between 19-25 years
How to Apply:
All prospective candidates for the Graduate Internship Programme at Restless Development should fill in this application form, download here and submit it to: email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday 19th January 2017