Job Title: Enrolled Nurse
Organisation: AMREF Health Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The enrolled comprehensive nurse forms part of the health center team and will be involved in the health center and outreach activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in continuous nursing coverage on wards/unit
- To keep patients comfortable and ensure a healthy environment
- To give out treatment as prescribed and carry out nursing procedures
- To carry out observations, keep proper records and ensure their safe custody
- To participate in doctors/clinical officers’ ward rounds
- To receive patients, register admissions and discharges
- To prepare patients for meals and participate in serving them
- To ensure that aseptic procedure is adhered to in the preparation of sterile procedures
- To maintain personal contact with patients, take note of their complaints, report if necessary
- Take up any role as assigned.
- Accounting and managing allocated resources.
- Compiling of project reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the AMREF Enrolled Nurse job placement should hold a certificate in enrolled comprehensive nursing
- Valid Annual practicing license.
- Individuals with relevant work experience and an ability to relate effectively and understands the socio economic and Cultural situation of the project area.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, decision making and strategic planning skills.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via Email to: email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 20th August 2018
NB: Preferred candidates should be residents of Arua District. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted