[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Science , Category: Health Professionals ]
Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
5th July 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Global Health Security, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
To achieve the above objective, the Research Department seeks to recruit a motivated and competent candidate as indicated below;
The Nurse-counselor will be responsible for site implementation of Call for LifeTM (C4L) Youth study. He/She will work together with the staff at Kiryandongo Hospital ART clinic, to screen, enroll, and conduct study procedures. .
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The study Nurse counselor will be required to:
• Participate in screening, enrolment & registration of C4L Youth study participants.
• Lead role in ensuring C4L study participants are taken through the informed consent as per study protocol.
• Register study participants on the mHealth tool
• Participate in completing CRFs and other documentation related to the C4L Youth study
• Participate in routine QC/QA procedures for study documents
• Respond & manage symptoms reported on the mHealth tool by the participants
• Attend study staff meetings on a monthly basis
• Participate as a full member of the Kiryandongo Hospital health care team, including conducting activities not related to the study.
• Provide a full range of counseling & Nursing services to patients
• Identify patient problems and document pertinent information
• Assist patients in formulating plans for addressing patient concerns.
• Refer patients for further clinical and psychosocial care.
• Maintain updated study regulatory documents as par IDI regulatory guidelines
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualification, Experience and skills.
• Qualified registered Nurse/Midwife from a recognized institution.
• Should be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwifes’ Council
• At least one years’ experience in HIV clinical research
• Experience in HIV/AIDS counseling
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Should be fluent in English, Swahili and Runyoro
• Should be a highly motivated person and should be able to work under minimal supervision
• Competent in the use of standard Microsoft office
• Knowledge of mobile Health is an added advantage
• Ability to work in a team but also work independently is a requirement
• Flexibility to work up country
• Must be able to multitask
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 1 yearJob application procedure
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 5th July 2019. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda