Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing.
Job Summary: The Barclays Head of Card and Cash Operations will oversee the Operations of the section and ensure adherence to Governance and policy (Central Cash, ATM Operations, Courier Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Management: 75 %
- Customer Service: 20 % Adherence to customer service standards for all the teams and developing strategies that intensively improve service.
- People Management: 5%
- Monitor the performance of the Section and ensure proper Adherence to Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee the management and control environment of the ATM Operations function, Central Cash, Courier Centre and ensure they are run as per business requirement. This role entails ensuring proactive reconciliations of all off site ATM GL accounts, Visa /Master Card /Credit Card/Cash send GL accounts, Central Cash GL accounts and daily controls in place are effective.
- Act as the change initiative lead for all the initiatives ATM Operations, Central Cash and the Courier centre function and ensure proactive follow up of the readiness check list to determine readiness for go live.
- Technically support the section in ensuring that all escalations are managed E2E as per the escalation matrix requirement.
- Action MI from the different sections and use it as a strong basis for decision making.
- Follow through the teams’ training needs and work closely with the HR L&D team to ensure this is programmed and training undertaken.
- Actively participate in the consistency check for the teams and effectively manage out C &D performers.
- Carryout surprise checks on the teams to ensure conformance to policy.
- Intuitively review and regularly update the process manuals to ensure they remain relevant and effective.
- Ensure that there are regular control checks on the section and findings followed through until closure.
- Manage team performance.
- Manage EOS participation.
- Drive cost cutting initiatives
- Expeditiously follow through the team’s training needs and work closely with the HR L&D team to ensure this is programmed.
- Manage and develop talent within the team.
- Leave management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should possess a first degree or compensation experience.
- Three or more years’ experience in a cash management environment.
- Two or more years’ experience in managing a similar size team is preferred
- Management of cash operations skills is an added advantage
- End to End knowledge of the banking cycle and central cash controls.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the card processes both debit and credit card
- Strong understanding of the VISA and Master Card Operations
- Strong understanding of the National Net Settlement service operations
Strong understanding of the Cash Send and ATM operations.
- Strong understanding of the mail room operations.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication and questioning skills.
- Good system support skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Past Recruitment Skills.
- KYC /STM and AML.
- Fraud Prevention.
- Central Cash Systems.
- Product Training.
- Very high understanding of the market dynamics
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Training / coaching skills.
- Skills in People Development
- Service Excellence and listening skills.
- High ability to Drive for results
- Performance Development
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th December, 2014