Job Title: Manager, Enterprise Direct
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager, Enterprise Direct will deliver the Uganda Enterprise Direct value proposition for Enterprise Banking Tier 2 customers. The jobholder will also drive and deliver a value adding sales and service solutions directed by the Enterprise Banking value proposition, that will grow the Enterprise Banking Tier 2 customers. The incumbent will lead and manage multiple Enterprise Direct Regional teams
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement sales strategy & action plans for Enterprise Direct to facilitate the achievement of business objectives across the regional hubs.
- Analyse the local market data to understand key business drivers, influences and competitor activity to identify opportunities across the different regions
- Identify performance gaps and institute remedial action plans.
- Develop and implement business attraction plans for the New Business teams across the different regions, including analysing Enterprise Direct potential, penetration as well as setting business targets for the team and allocating appropriate resources to optimise sales potential.
- Manage, maintain and enhance measurement systems within the sales environment across all regions
- Monitor and Manage formal and informal incentive schemes across all regions
- Develop, measure and review sales and performance targets on a quarterly / annual basis in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Establish and monitor operating expenditure budget control measures for the team, ensuring that revenue and expenditure is accounted for in a systematic manner
- Develop, implement and manage measurement systems across the regions to ensure an efficient and accurate MIS structure which needs to be maintained on an ongoing basis.
Lending and Risk Management:
- Arbitrate and/or motivate credit decisions in need and helping management to explore alternatives
- Facilitate a sound cross regional working partnership between Business Banking (Commercial), Credit and the Regional Managers – Enterprise Direct to stimulate business growth without compromising risk and the quality of lending. Assets as per budget. Portfolio management as per budget.
- Oversee Portfolio Management of +/- 23,000 clients
- Ensure adherence to compliance and risk management processes across regional hubs to reduce fraud.
- Ensure that the regional teams complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Develop and deliver operational plans aligned with Enterprise Banking strategy and campaigns to enable delivery against set business targets.
- Oversee all Enterprise Direct processes and procedures to ensure that they are compliant with quality standards.
- Manage collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. co-locating capabilities) and ensure adherence to SLAs
- Work closely with the regional Credit team to ensure that applications are processed within agreed turnaround times
- Establish and monitor operating expenditure budget control measures for Enterprise Direct, ensuring that revenue and expenditure is accounted for in a systematic manner
- Leverage and optimise resources across regions or zones, business and operational risk, and market potential, to maximize Enterprise Direct business growth; achieve sales and service targets.
- Resource planning in order to accommodate peaks, troughs, leave and system failures across the different regions.
People Management & development.
- Clarify team roles, ensuring that clear new business sales targets are set and that resources are profiled and recruited accordingly.
- Implement a performance enhancement process
- Ensure a proper understanding of objectives to be met through effective communication
- Drive a culture of empowerment
- Attract, retain and develop talent within the unit
- Ensure that there is adequate forward planning in terms of succession within the respective roles
- Continuously monitor the skills level within the unit and ensure that adequate systems are utilised to enhance these where the fall shy of required norms;
Customer Service Management:
- Ensure that the Customer Service principles set for Enterprise Direct banking are maintained by the team.
- Provide guidance to the ED team and support them to grow & Manage Portfolios though cross selling, managing the relationships, handling and resolving queries or complaints and maintaining a high standard of Service delivery for effective customer retention & portfolio profitability.
- Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services through the Enterprise Direct team.
- Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost- effective channels are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer- focused Telephone etiquette & behaviour.
- On boarding experience monitoring on a monthly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager, Enterprise Direct job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Commerce, Business Administration
- Post-graduate studies e.g. MBA, AEP is an advantage
- At least three to four years of sales experience
- At least three to four years of relationship management or people management
- Proven successful sales track record in the financial services industry.
- Advanced product knowledge including specialized products and financial structures.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in Credit and Compliance matters.
- Negotiating skills and conflict handling.
- Significant people management experience – leading teams and motivating people.
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Acumen
- Financial management
- Finacial Analysis
- Managerial Budgeting
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 25th January 2018