Job Title: Information Officer – Media and Documentation
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Information Officer/Communications
Job Ref: UBOS/HRM-CPR/2015/03
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of documenting UBOS and other activities of interest by stakeholders in the NSS through videography and photography;
- In charge of the production of edited activity videos, video clipsand documentaries for screening at different UBOS and related meetings, workshops and exhibitions;
- Collate and analyses media coverage and produce a daily press digest about UBOS and her activities as well as reports andapplication of Statistics in the media;
- Conduct research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance a UBOS digitalphoto and video gallery;
- Maintain the UBOS Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube;
- Preparing and supervising the production of promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Devise and coordinate photo opportunities;
- Take responsibility for the UBOS digital equipment;
- Work closely with the media and secure or provide digital content of specific interest to the Bureau;
- Call and facilitate media engagements including Press Conferences;
- In charge of the development and maintenance a Media Partners’ Database;
- Actively participate in the various Community Sensitisation programmes;
- Perform any other related functions as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Information Officer – Media and Documentation should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree with honours in Mass Communication, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Customer Care, Videography, Photography, Film Studies, Library and Information Science, Graphic Arts, Liberal Arts, Languages and Literature, Publishing, Education or other related area;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Video Editing, Videography, Photography and Production in a reputable media institution or organisation.
- Additional training in Professional Video Production and Editing will be an added advantage.
- Past experience in statistical production processes will be another added advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsindicating applicant’s postal address, Email contact, three referees with their contact addresses and telephone contacts as well as copies academic transcripts, certificates and an updated CV. The application should clearly indicate the relevant job title (position applied for) and reference number.
Address / Send complete applications to:
The Deputy Executive Director – Corporate Services
Uganda Bureau of Statistics
Plot 9, Colville Street
P.O Box 7186,
E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and any sort of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd July, 2015