Job Title: Principal Education Officer, Private Schools and Institutions
Organization: Education Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 VOL 27 (5)
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner – Private
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expeditiously follow-up action on proceedings of Board of Governors’ meetings in Private Schools and Institutions.
- Coordinates and monitors Students’ Councils and activities in Private Schools and Institutions.
- Scrutinizes Private Schools and Institutions submissions and makes a consolidated Annual Report.
- Ensures compliance of Private Secondary Schools with establish standards.
- Organizes seminars, workshops and meetings with proprietors and heads of Private Schools.
- Follow up on legal matters concerning Private Schools.
- Responsible for capacity building programs.
- Coordinates health education, guidance and counseling in Private Secondary Schools.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an Honours’ Bachelors Degree in Education or an Honours Bachelors Degree with relevant graduate or post graduate Qualifications in Education from a recognized University / Institution.
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification in Business Administration or Public Administration or Education Management or planning from a recognized University / Institution is an added advantage.
- The applicant should also be registered as a graduate teacher with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
- A minimum of three years’ working experience at the level of Senior Education Officer.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach photocopies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 2nd February, 2015