Organisation: Solar Sister
Reports to: Director of Training and Talent Development
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for its valuable client, Solar Sister, a power solutions specialist. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Training and Development Associate is responsible for Solar Sister’s training program in Uganda. The Training and Development Associate works closely with the Director of Training and Talent Development in developing new training materials, implementing trainings for Solar Sister staff, ensuring quality of trainings given by Solar Sister field staff and evaluating the results of all trainings given by Solar Sister. The Training and Development Associate play a key role in Solar Sister’s training and staff development program and mainly ensure adequate planning, development, implementation and evaluation of trainings as part of Solar Sister’s Training and Talent Development program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Curriculum Development:
· Carry out needs assessments for intended training recipients (entrepreneurs, field staff, head office staff) through job analysis and consultation with Country Management and Director of Training and Talent Development.
· Render support in the designing and developing training interventions to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, including induction & on-boarding materials.
· Compile training manuals and other resources needed within the curriculum.
· Adapt existing training materials for use within each country – this may involve translating or modifying training content.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs using surveys, questionnaires, interviews and by observation, in order to plan futurecourses or to amend existing ones.
· Prepare, administer and conduct training assessments.
· Render support in modifying and updating materials based on feedback and information collected.
3. Training Implementation:
· Work closely with field staff to ensure Solar Sister entrepreneurs are receiving quality trainings.
· Plan and conduct training sessions and trainings of trainers (ToTs) with Solar Sister staff.
· Obtain information on work-related external courses, prepare reports on their suitability and make recommendations on staff attendance at training courses.
· Carry out professional development sessions for existing staff and conduct induction sessions for new employees.
· Provide coaching, support and advice on training related matters
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably be University graduate in adult education, education or other relevant background.
· Attained formal training in adult education, as teacher, trainer or curriculum developer
· At least five years’ experience in adult education, training or curriculum development
· The candidates should be honest, meticulous, and responsible.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Computer, internet and social media literacy
· Strong business acumen and commitment to results
· Ability to communicate clearly orally and in written English and local language(s)
· Ability to work well in teams as well as to pursue and complete independent tasks
· The candidates should have a broad knowledge and understanding of and enthusiasm for Solar Sister’s vision to build a brighter Africa through the power of women’s enterprise.
· Keen attention to detail
· Proactive, responsible, and responsive
· Positive outlook
· Enthusiasm to work with a global team
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.