Organization: LivingStone International University
Duty Station: Uganda
LivingStone International University is a private Christian University provisionally licensed by the National Council for Higher Education in Uganda on March 2011. LIU’s main campus is located in Mbale Uganda at Namakwekwe plot A/6 Reuben Napwoli road off mission road.
The Mission of the University is to transform Africa through quality Christ Centered higher Education.
Job Summary: The Vice Chancellor will be the Chief Executive Officer of the University and will be responsible and accountable to the University Council and for the Institutional mandate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer strategic direction and leadership to the University and represent the University nationally, regionally and internationally;
- Be the academic and administrative head of the University;
- The incumbent also has the overall responsibility on the direction, organization and the administration of programs of the University;
- Actively coordinate the development and implementation of the academic and administrative policies of the University in accordance with the University’s Strategic Plan;
- Maintain efficiency and harmony of the University and its partners and ensure enforcement of the policies and regulations;
- Offer innovative and creative leadership in the areas of Academics/Finance, Planning and Development; general administration; research and partnerships;
- Play a key role in the facilitation and maintenance of linkages with government/regulatory agencies and other local/international institutions of higher learning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The University Vice Chancellor should hold a PhD from a recognized University, and should be a Full Professor (or Associate Professor) of exemplary performance record.
- A minimum of six (6) years of academic and research experience and demonstrated leadership skills in an academic and/or research institution (at least four years at the level of Associate Professor and above);
- The candidate must have published in internationally recognized peer reviewed journals, and extensively presented in international conferences;
- Possess a good understanding of governance structures, government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning and human resource management, procurement and asset disposal legal requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the current trends in University education and training in Uganda and globally, and a broad awareness of the factors and conditions shaping the development of university education in Uganda;
- Be a leader with potential to plan, develop and implement academic programs and develop strategic institutional linkages;
- Possess excellent administration, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to network, fundraise, mobilize training and research grants that will be central to the development of the University;
- Be a practicing Christian of highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship, and comply with the requirements of the University’s instruments of identity.
Age: 40 years and above
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications together with a comprehensive CV (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, awards/scholarships/ funding, membership to professional associations/ bodies, and linkages), copies of relevant Certificates, testimonials together with the applicants day telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent online to: The Chairman University Council, LivingStone International University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th February 2015 by 5p.m