Job Title: Health Facilitators (2 Vacancies)
The Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister has received credit financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), for the Dry Lands Integrated Development Project to be implemented in the Karamoja Sub region (Project reference number UG-0082-83). The Office of the Prime Minister will implement the Drylands Integrated Development Project through Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. an International Non-Profit Organisation solely committed to supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals through the Millennium Villages Projects (MVPs) in 10 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Dry Lands Integrated Development Project will implement multi sectoral interventions aimed at holistically addressing challenges faced by pastoralist communities that directly contribute to the objective of reducing vulnerability, building resilience, and accelerating the achievements of the UN Millennium Development Goals mainly in the districts of Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripiriti and Amudat.
Job Summary: The incumbent will mainly execute health and nutrition development interventions to ensure increased access to quality health care services both at facility and community level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting interventions aimed at reducing child and maternal mortality, and preventing the spread of major diseases and case management.
- Offering technical assistance to facility based and/or community based health workers (CHWs).
- Supporting the running of Health information management systems
- Conduct interventions aimed at improving nutrition especially for the under 5 children and pregnant women.
- Monitoring the usage of insecticide treated mosquito bed nets
- Carrying out capacity building trainings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery, Nursing or any other related qualification.
- Three or more years relevant hands on experience in a large medical or hospital establishment as a senior Medical Doctor.
- Practical experience in dealing with health at both community level and Facility level
- Computer literacy in word processing
- Good and effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and a quick learner
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willingness and ability to work in the field for at least 90% of the time
- Possession of a motor cycle riding permit, good riding ability and willingness to ride are a must
- Knowledge of the Karamoja working environment is a plus.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter (in a sealed envelope clearly marked with “”APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF…””), curriculum vitae, three work related referees, copies of academic certificates, and testimonials either hand delivered or posted to this address: Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. Uganda, C/O Pacification and Development Department, 5th Floor Room 2521. Office of the Prime Minister, Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd October 2014 by 2:00pm