Job Title: Logistics Officer (2 Vacancies)
Cardno Emerging Markets (UK) seeks to implement a 4-5 year (2014-2018) DANIDA funded programme aiming to improve rural infrastructure in Northern Uganda.
Part of the Northern Uganda component of the U-Growth II Programme, the Rural Infrastructure Strategic Intervention aims at improving simple agriculture related rural infrastructure using a labour intensive approach. The target is to generate about two million work days of employment. Each of the six districts will, facilitated by the implementing entity, through a bottom-up, social inclusive and conflict sensitive approach develop plans for rehabilitation and construction of simple community access roads, local markets, wells and protected springs.
The rural infrastructure strategic intervention will be implemented in three districts in the West-Nile region (Arua, Nebbi and Zombo) and three districts in the Acholi Sub-region (Kitgum, Lamwo and Agago and will have the following main outputs:
- Rural infrastructure prioritised investment plans for each district, prepared, submitted for approval and revised annually according to the needs;
- Selected projects designed and detailed implementation plans, including maintenance plans, accordingly prepared;
- Required resources mobilised and construction works supervised and completed;
- Quarterly and annual progress reports prepared and submitted timely according to the agreed schedule;
- Project User Committees constituted, trained and operational.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a diploma in logistics or procurement
- Three or more years of post-grade experience
- Past experience from at least 2 projects in logistics or procurement
- Three or more years’ experience from developing countries.
- Past exposure and experience from the Great Lakes Region and South Sudan will be an added advantage and experience from Northern Uganda a distinct advantage
- Excellent skills in the English language orally as well as in writing
How to apply for the job:
To express you interest in the aforementioned job, please click the Web link below to Apply Online button to create an account or log into your existing Cardno account.
Deadline: 4th August 2014