Job Title: Project Director (3 Job Opportunities)
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.” Our Core Values are; Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
Job Summary: The Project Director (PD) will be the principal representative of UHMG on the project. He/she will be expected to ensure that all interests, obligations, and deliverables of UHMG are met at the highest standards possible. He/she will uphold the high image and values of the organization within the consortium, with outstanding professionalism, social conduct, and personal presentation. S/he will also represent UHMG in stakeholder fora, and will be the technical link to Prime Organization on matters related to the project. S/he will provide strategic direction to the project in liaison with the Managing Director. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that the program achieves the objectives as stipulated in the cooperative agreement. S/he will offer technical guidance, financial accountability, and day-to-day project implementation oversight. S/he will ensure preparation of project performance monitoring plans, annual work plans, and reports in line with the donor requirements. S/he will ensure that the UHMG Managing Director is updated on a monthly basis on progress made and on issues that need the MD’s attention and engagement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote the image of UHMG in a professional manner among the project consortium implementers.
- Act as the link between UHMG and the prime organization by providing periodic updates to UHMG senior management on the progress of the project.
- Develop and oversee implementation of the project’s SBCC strategy.
- Direct the BCC Managers and provide them with technical guidance in the design of Demand generation and behavior change communications.
- Steer and supervise the Communications and Service promotion teams and oversee development and implementation of project Mass Media, Interpersonal Communication, BCC, and brand promotion activities.
- Work with the other technical managers to develop and implement operational researches on service uptake and effectiveness of communication approaches.
- Develop the annual and quarterly communication Work Plan, and ensure implementation.
- Develop and manage the Project budget and ensure value for money, and proper accountability (programmatically and financial) in regard to project activities.
- Prepare timely periodic reports.
- Ensure documentation of best practices under the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferable hold a Master’s Degree or higher in Communication, Public Health, preferably with specialization in marketing, or other related degree within the Social Sciences field.
- At least eight (8) years of progressively increasing responsibility in leading projects of similar scope in private sector and social marketing field.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded activity management, policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
- Past exposure and experience in private sector approaches and have experience successfully implementing social marketing and behavior change communication programs in diverse geographic locations.
- Practical experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining communication and marketing strategies, and knowledge management experience in customer and market research.
- In-depth program experience and an appropriate balance of technical, financial, administrative, managerial and interpersonal experience and oversight.
- Demonstrated management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Demonstrable results in previous work environment should reinforce claims to this experience.
- High level of interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with and present information to a broad range of public and private sector counterparts, donors, implementing partners, host country institutions, international organizations, and other key stakeholders.
- Possess the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Possess the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple partners. Flexible and independent.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills (in English).
- Excellent past performance references.
How to Apply for the job:
If you believe you match the requirements listed above, please deliver your resume (CV), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”
Send to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda. Kampala. Uganda or
Hand Deliver your application documents to the UHMG Office Reception or
Send via E-mail as a zipped folder to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 3rd October 2014 by 16:30 hours (East African time)
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.