Job Title: Assistant Records Officer (6 Vacancies)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring proper creation of new files and closure of old ones.
- Supporting in approving file titles and index headings for subject files
- Ensuring that indexes are in place
- Ensuring that registry procedures and standards are maintained.
- Ensuring proper classification of mail.
- Assisting in carrying out on job training for records staff.
- Monitoring files census.
- Ensuring that an up to date inventory of existing files is in place.
- Ensuring proper weeding of semi-current files and their transfer to the Records Centre
- Assisting in setting up in house Records Centre
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Assistant Records Officer should hold Diplomas in either Records/Archives Management or Library and Information Science or Information management or any other Diploma in the field of Records/Archives/Information Management from a recognized University/Institution.
- The applicants should have a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience at the level of Records Assistant in Government or equivalent level from a reputable organisation.
Age: Between 21 years and above
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
- Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 2/2014” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
- Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
Deadline: 28th September, 2014