Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 40 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will offer administrative support services to World Vision Uganda National Office in line with the organizations’ systems, policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Front Desk Operations:
- Receive all incoming calls, screen and direct them to the relevant offices, make outgoing calls as and when required.
- Receive external enquiries and provide appropriate feedback where possible or accurately direct to relevant authority in a timely manner
- Receive, monitor and attend to visitors whilst they await appointments, direct them to the appropriate offices in line with Departmental guidelines
- Register customer/visitor’s particulars(Names, address, organization and signature) in the register book in line with departmental guidelines
- Receive documents and messages, which may be delivered to the office and ensure that these are registered and dispatched / distributed to the respective addressee/staff members
- Maintain a smooth communication flow of information in the administration department through verbal communication, periodical narrative report writing and updates as per the department guidelines
- Maintain an updated list of staff Corporate User Group (CUG) list on a monthly basis and send to the Administration Officer for Service Provider payment authorization.
2. Logistics Support:
- Compile and submit requisitions for supplies and services on behalf of the administration department.
- Receive, analyze and process services and supplies requisitions from other departments and projects to ensure timely delivery of services and items requested.
- Follow up with approved contractors and service providers to ensure efficient and effective work completion.
- Ensure that adequate stocks of administration routinely used items and replenishment of all supplies are maintained at all times.
- Maintain a system of asset management through servicing, securing proper office locking systems and proper identification of office equipment in line with WV administration mission and security guidelines
- Facilitate the procurement process by, preparation of Local Purchase Orders, writing Work completion certificates for service providers on completion of the work in line with WV administration guidelines
3. Facilitation of Expatriate Staff:
- Maintain a clear database to track international schools, manage and process payment of school fees on behalf of the expatriates.
- Ensure that renewals are made at the beginning of each school term.
- Maintain a database and proper filling system to ensure that all WVU expatriates; have up to date documents during /for the rest of their contract period with WVU (work permits, Visas, rent etc
- Receive and evaluate requests of installations, repairs, maintenance and services in line with WVU policy
- Ensure smooth running of offices & Expatriate residences by preparation of Utility payments for approval by the Administration Officer
- Prepare Invoice and analysis forms for staff travels and sent to the Administration Officer for payment authorization in a timely manner.
- Obtain travel documents and work permits for WV Uganda staff-National and expatriates
4. Customer Care:
- Facilitation of the yearly customer satisfaction survey for the department
- Communicating the results of the survey to management for decision making
- Implementation of survey results as approved by the Administration Officer
5. Events Coordination:
- Maintain an up to date, database of all guests coming into the country
- Provide Support to Division Program Assistants in facilitation of guests i.e. hotel reservations, confirmation of flight reservation among others
- Hotel reservation processing by facilitating local and International workshops and payment processing in line with the set standards
- Periodic review and update of the Visitor’s information packs and sharing it with concerned parties.
6. Records Keeping:
- Develop and maintain a proper filling system for both soft and hard copies of the department’s documents.
- Manage and monitor both incoming and outgoing mails and documents for both the National Office and offices at Kisozi Complex.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should possess the necessary qualifications, skills and experience to be able to accomplish the duties mentioned above
- A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Demonstrated commitment to World Vision’s mission statement and Core Values
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19th August, 2014