Pathfinder International is looking for a qualified person to apply for the job of Finance & Administrative Manager.
Pathfinder International is dedicated to creating access to and improving the quality of family planning, reproductive health, abortion, and community – and facility-based HIV and AIDS care and services.
Pathfinder International Uganda seeks a Finance & Administrative Manager to work in partnership with headquarters and other departments to develop budgets, implement and manage financial control measures, establish policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and governmental and non-governmental grant requirements.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager oversees the overall financial functions as well as office management duties of the Pathfinder Uganda office.
Deadline: Friday, 20th December, 2013
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Pathfinder’s financial systems for its program in Uganda, including, but not limited to: Monthly Office Report (MOR), bank account reconciliations, OIN budget, purchase and expenditure documentation records.
- Collaborate with Pathfinder Headquarters Finance and Pathfinder Internal Audit to develop, implement and improve standard financial practices, procedures and forms.
- Prepare accurate accounting and financial reports for submission to Pathfinder Headquarters by required deadlines.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of technical efforts and field activities by providing accounting, administrative, management and logistical support to facilitate the implementation of program activities.
- The Finance Manager ensures that financial management, personnel, administrative and contractual operations systems are conducted according to Pathfinder rules and regulations, including US Government rules and regulations where applicable, standard operating procedures and good business practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or finance is required; an advanced degree is desirable, as is professional certification as a certified public accountant, chartered public accountant or similar certification by exam.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in financial management including demonstrated knowledge of contract and grant administration, supervision, budgeting, reporting, accounting, and financial analysis.
- Work experience with projects supported by international organizations
How to Apply:
NB: Referees: Please include at least two immediate supervisors you have worked with and their contacts. This is a key requirement and no application will be accepted without this information.
If willing to work with Pathfinder International, please send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]