Job Title: Assistant Executive – Transaction Advisory
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory services. Grant Thornton Uganda is a member of Grant Thornton International Limited, with offices in Kampala and Jinja. Grant Thornton boosts an opportunity to be part of 38,500 dynamic people working cohesively to provide seamless services to clients in more than 130 countries across the globe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build the understanding of various aspects of business including complex transactions affecting performance
- Actively engage in a variety of projects involving project finance, business processes review, due diligence, forensic investigations, valuations etc.
- Promptly inform senior staff of problems encountered, provide explanations and research issues, provide on the job training to associates
- Work in liaison with staff, managers, and partners on all phases of planning, engagement management, and wrap up of the same
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All candidates should hold Master’s Degrees in Financial Analysis, Economics or CPA/ACCA
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience in a similar position
- The applicant must have sound knowledge of accounting software used in Uganda
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Willingness to work under supervision and learn new -i skills quickly
- Highly results-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of various Microsoft packages
- Keen adherence to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess a strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
How to apply for the job:
All candidates should send their detailed CVs with referees (testimonials will be required at the time of personal interview if selected) by to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: For Inquiries, You can visit our office, Grant Thornton, Plot 5, Katego Road, Off. Kira Road, Opp. British High Commission, Kampala, Uganda, Phone: 0414 535145 (0312 266850 Fax: 0414 533771
Deadline: 31st July 2014