World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Associate Director Finance provide strategic financial management leadership and support the Finance Director in implementation of financial policies to ensure effective resource acquisition, utilisation and safeguarding of World Uganda assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leadership Management:
- To provide leadership and management of the National Office Accounts Department and Program finance unit by planning, directing and controlling the financial resources of the unit in line with World Vision policies/procedures and with International Accounting Standards.
- Participate in World Vision Uganda (WVU) Senior Management, Regional and Cluster meetings and represent finance division.
- Follow up with program finance manager on regions/clusters and national staff on the implementation of new partnership initiatives.
2. Budget Development and Coordination:
- Coordination of the provision of technical support in budget development process to the National Office, Regional Finance Officers, Operations Managers and clusters as per World Vision International budgeting guidelines.
- Consolidation of World Vision Uganda’s annual budgets and development of Cost Allocation Methodology (CAM) annual operating budget.
- Monitoring of expenditure against budgets and ensuring that spending is based on committed funds.
3. Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Review of Financial reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Working with the Financial Manager to prepare management expenditure and budget utilization analyses project/cluster/regions management to monitor spending
- Coordination of the yearend financial reporting and carry forward processes.
4. Finance Risk Management:
- Regular review of internal controls related to disbursements to ensure that WV Uganda is protected from the inherent risk violations.
- Ensuring timely and accurate supplier payments are made.
- Managing the Settlement Advices process and following up on outstanding settlements from other offices.
5. Overseeing the Management of Cash and Treasury:
- Ensuring that cash availability to meet monthly/ daily WVU transactions – regular review of WV cash holding to ensure that target lows are met.
- Ensure adequacy of cash funding requests from the Global Centre treasury.
- Conducting regular reviews and petty cash counts to ensure adequacy of controls around cash management.
6. Manage the capacity building initiatives for the National Office finance teams:
- Organize & conduct Finance related trainings professionally for World Vision Uganda teams at the Region/clusters and National office level for enhanced finance capacity.
- Roll out any new Global Centre Initiatives to the national office and coordinate finance related trainings.
- Conduct regular review visits to the programs and provide coaching to the accountants when required.
7. External and Internal Audits management:
- Coordinate all internal and external National Office audits on behalf of the Finance Director
- Perform regular reviews of the audit reports and follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
8. External and Internal divisional communications:
- Liaise with World Vision support offices and donors in the provision of information, reports and queries.
- Communicate with banks and other external organization on behalf of World Vision Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor of Commerce Degree/ or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option). Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Full professional qualification (ACCA, CPA or any other recognised qualification)
- Must have basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office.
- Knowledge and experience in Sunsystems will be an advantage.
- At least five years relevant experience in a busy office two of which must have been at a senior level
- Knowledgeable on grant accounting and experience in donor funding e.g. USAID, DFID, UN etc requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic management, results based management in financial matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal relation skills.
- Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: email@example.com. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 29th November, 2013.