Job Title: Operations Officer – Cash Management Operations (BA1) – 00171767
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Operations Officer – Cash Management Operations will be responsible for but not limited to the following services: utilities processing, fixed deposit processing, standing order processing, Internet banking and drafts processing and Agency banking
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reconciliation/control: 85 %
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all assigned cash management operations accounts daily.
- Receiving all work from the receipt desk and processing it on time
- In charge of the authorization of all E-tax payments and performing end of day reconciliations.
- Follow up and action missing items and other posting errors on assigned accounts.
- Setting up of internet banking customers as per the service level agreement
- Timely processing of all customer instructions and requests (Utilities, Fixed deposits, Agency banking, mobile bulk payments, standing orders and drafts)
- Attend to and resolve all cash management operations queries and complaints within 24 hrs.
- Have a good understanding of Bank procedures and policies
- Deliver high accuracy levels and conform to business policy and controls framework
- Deliver service in line with agreed business needs
- Conduct snap checks on time as required by management.
- Work in liaison with colleagues and proactively respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Proactively relate and manage the reconciliation counterparts in the Utility companies to avoid penalties.
- Attend departmental meetings
- Proactively contribute to embedding agreed change management initiatives in support of process and quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Performance and delivery upon any other duties assigned from time to time.
2. Team Working: 15 %
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the entire team.
- Effective communication with colleagues all the time.
- Supporting other colleagues with work as may be required from time to time.
- Actively participating in team building events organized by the department or the entire company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of Internet banking, Flex cube system and reconciliation
- Skills in Customer service
- Broad knowledge of Bank products
- Proficiency in Flex cube reports
- Knowledge of Call over process
- Good knowledge and understanding of bank procedures and policy
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skills in bank accounting & reconciliations
- Skills in complaint resolution
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service Excellence
- Self drive for results
- Understanding of SLAs
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th August, 2014