Jobs available: Manager, Disbursements and Collection Payments.
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Manager, Disbursements and Collection Payments will oversee the performance of the loan disbursements and collections process in line with Barclay’s policies and procedures.
Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Retail Underwriting
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Management of the Loan disbursement and collections payments process (50%)
- Monitor the loans credited by the Loan disbursement team to ensure accuracy with the process.
- Ensure adherence for crediting non-secured loans and secured loans after security perfection certificates have been received.
- Ensure that all credits and postings have been cross-checked in the relevant systems before crediting customers accounts to avoid losses
- Ensure that disbursement process is in line with Business service levels and required turn – around time.
- Ensure all payments for scheme loans and Government loans are processed as per set guide lines.
- Ensure that all approved and credited loan applications are updated on the relevant systems.
2. People Management (30%)
- Ensure appropriate up skilling of the Loan disbursement and Collection team by conducting on- the- job coaching and training.
- Drive productivity within Loan disbursement and Collection team by directing and controlling workflow.
- Develop and agree individual and team performance standards and targets.
- Review individual and team performance against agreed objectives.
- Ensure team development by identifying training needs of team members and recommending training plans to satisfy those needs
- Motivate and build own team.
- Initiate disciplinary process for team members where required in line with Barclays Disciplinary and Grievances procedures.
3. Controls (15%)
- Assign snap checks to team members and ensure close-out of identified issues
- Ensure reconciliation of all general ledgers related to crediting and collections payments on monthly basis.
- Ensure that team undertakes post disbursement call over and all errors identified are rectified in a timely manner.
- Communicate any changes in Retail Lending policy to team members to ensure that they are implemented as required.
4. Contribution to the Team (15%)
- Share best practice and any red flags that are a result of the Loan crediting and scheme posting process.
- Ensure Business continuity and achievement of business targets.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate should possess at least three years banking experience with at least 1 year and half experience in Credit Risk role
- The applicant should also possess any Credit/Finance/Accounting/Risk accreditation.
- A good knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures.
- Mentoring and Coaching Skills
- Team leadership skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Computer Literacy skills.
- Communication skills.
- Risk assessment skills
- Organizational skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Numeracy skills to analyse statistical financial information
- Negotiation skills
- Detailed knowledge of the Retail Credit Risk policies, risk pricing, risk management procedures and tools.
- A sound knowledge of the Bank’s lending criteria in the Small Business and Personal sectors and the products/services relating to them
- A good understanding of the segment specific products and services
- A good understanding of the Bank’s performance management techniques
- A good appreciation of the Bank’s products and service standards
- A detailed knowledge of the International Credit Manual, BMIS User manual , Barclayloan/Personal Overdraft user manual and guide to management of risk
- A good understanding of regulatory lending requirements and standards.
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st November, 2013